Bhokal is a fictional superhero appearing in Raj Comics. Most Bhokal stories are based on dark fantasy with blood and gore. Bhokal was created by Manoj Gupta and Sanjay Gupta.
He is a legendary winged warrior prince of a fictional fabled Parilok (fairyland). He descended to earth to take part in a fighting tournament and landed in Vikasnagar, becoming a zealous defender of the people of Vikasnagar.
Real name Rajkumar Alop (Prince Alop), He appeared first in a seven comic series along with his friends’ Tureen (with whom he falls in love), Shootan, and Atikrur. He killed his rival Fuchang who was responsible for the death of his parents.
Presently Bhokal’s parental origins are being explored in the latest issues starting from ‘Dhikkar’ where Bhokal loses his powers as a result of a conspiracy planned by his master and mentor Mahaguru Bhokal. In issues ‘Dhikkar’ and ‘Antardwand’ Bhokal battles to retain his powers as well as find and clear the name of his biological father ‘Yuddheshthveer’.
His quest to find his father continues in ‘Yugaandhar’. Mr. Nitin Mishra is writing the origin series for Bhokal, Dhikkar, and Antardwand were its debut issues which were illustrated by Mr. Hemant Kumar. Yugaandhar is illustrated by Mr. Lalit Singh and Mr. Nitin Mishra, it is written by Mr. Nitin Mishra.
Bhokal also appeared in issues of Bankelal.
Powers and abilities:-
He can summon the ‘Bhokal-Shakti’, the power of his teacher, Mahaguru Bhokal, by hailing his name in battle, shouting ‘Jai Mahaguru Bhokal’. He acquires super-human physical attributes, apart from receiving the mystical Sword and Shield of his master.
The Sword is capable of cutting through most of the then-known materials and elements, making it one of the greatest weapons of its time. It can also be used to emit ‘Jwala-Shakti’, a mystical fire from its edge, which is known to burn away almost anything in a matter of seconds.
The Shield is capable of blocking any physical or supernatural attack and also allows its wielder to fly via the Shield. He once wielded the weapon Prahara on his forehead, in memory of its previous owner and his deceased wife, Turin. It granted him psychic powers.
Friends and relations
- Turin: aka Rajkumari Sofia (princess Sofia). Turin is a princess from another planet. First love interest of Bhokal and later became his wife. Turin was the owner of the magical weapon prahara and master of a magical cat “Kapala”. Turin was killed by Himraj in the Himalayan valleys. When he was out in the battlefields fighting for his adopted country and could not save her. Later in Saat Sawaal he goes in search of her soul and finally he gets back his beloved Turin in Laut Aayi Turin. Turin left him after Saloni and Rupsi became pregnant with his child. Later on, it was found that Maya controlled Bhokal’s mind to destroy his reputation and his relationship with Turin.
- Kapala Turin’s shape-shifting cat can fly. She took a human female form with a cat’s eye to save Turin’s son after Turin was killed.
- Rupsi: Niece of Vikasmohan and princess of a neighboring kingdom. Bhokal had another child with Rupsi under Maya’s influence.
- Saloni:(a skilled archer) Daughter of a sage. Although he never loved the other two as much as he loved Turin, bound by a vow to protect them, he can never leave them. Under the mind control of Jadugarni Maya (enchantress Maya) He had twins with Saloni.
- Shootan was the sammohan-samrat … who could hypnotise anyone and anything with his eyes. Shootan was killed by his enemies in Chitaghati. But after many years he came back in Ghar Aaya Shootan when Bhokal’s uncle tried to take over his homeland and in the process resurrected Shootan as to kill him but eventually Shootan freed from his will and thus returned completely as older self. In “Sammohan Ghat” the royal warlock Tillu tried to impersonate Shootan as enemy of Vikasnagar but was eventually caught.
- Mohini: Queen of Vikasnagar. She became the sole ruler after her husband Vikasmohan was killed by Jadugarni Maya.
- Venu who started her career as a child-kidnapper but after falling in love with Shootan transformed herself for the better and then fought many a battle alongside her husband, Bhokal, Turin, etc., she carried a flute that could mesmerise anybody and get converted into a battle axe if summoned.
- Ladaki Shootan’s second wife. Skilled in armed combat.
- Atikrur, the wielder of the dantak has the strength of 10 elephants and can flatten mountains with his blows. But later on, his appearances with Bhokal dwindled after he went back to his planet.
- Piku Pakodia wife of Atikrur
- Tilli Once he and Turin was almost brutally stoned by the people of Vikasnagar. Tilli with his Tantrik energy revived both of them from near death.
- Shweta Teen princess of Vikasnagar
- Ankit Prince of Vikasnagar
- Vikasmohan King of Vikasnagar
- Rani Chanda Obsessive suitor of Bhokal.